Breastfeeding your baby not only has a lot of benefits for the infant but is equally beneficial for the mother. Its a mutual relationship of Mother and Baby. Few points have been mentioned below:
- Breastfeeding aids in better healing for the mother post-delivery as it nurses your uterus back to health with the release of oxytocin during the process.
- It helps you keep off the weight, as it burns approximately 500 calories a day.
- Also, when a woman is pregnant or lactating she absorbs calcium more efficiently resulting in stronger bones with lower risk of premenopausal osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding can help you stay fit and healthy, by keeping premenopausal breast cancer at bay.
- A definite long menstrual vacation for breastfeeding keeps estrogen and progesterone away so ovulation isn’t triggered for as long as 6-7 months, which also means no instant pregnancy as well. For mothers who choose formula are back menstruating as early as 6-7 weeks.
- Less time-consuming and lesser work as it’s always available at your own beck and call.
- It also helps you form a better bond with your child.
- And, of all it is the cheapest way to feed your baby the best.